Monday, October 15, 2007

Things that make me HAPPY

I was just thinking of things that make me happy and thought I would list a few so that when I need to remember they are already written down. I tend to have a wealth of knowledge in my head,(I like to think) but for some reason poor access. I call my syndrome NO Re-call-y. If anyone would like to add or let me know what makes them happy I would absolutely love it. Okay no real order just what comes when.

My list
Snickers ice cream bars-just had one go figure why that is 1st
Salads from Nordstrom Cafe ***the best***
PF Changs spicy chicken with peanuts
Chips and salsa or Guacamole
Okay pretty much FOOD
Taking naps or when kids are taking naps
My bedtime
warm clothes right out of the dryer
kisses from my boys
fresh sheets on my bed
When I finish a hard workout
Big hug from John
A good book! -does anyone know one by the way I am looking?
Hearing people laugh really really hard-you know what I'm talking about
Did I mention FOOD
decorating
running fast
holidays
seeing the leaves change colors
the first snow
The smell of the house when you turn the heat on for the first time of the season-weird I know
sleeping in-can't really remember what that was like but I know it made me happy
A good relief society lesson
No debt-I know that would definitely make me happy an feel good
Birthdays-not so much now, especially since I am turning 30 soon and their is no going back
Girls night out
Any night out with John
When everyone is healthy-it's been awhile at our house
Babies-everything about them except crying, poop, and spit-up (but especially their breath)

This without fail makes me laugh

Little Johnny had a few:
Getting stronger muscles
playing with friends
money, I love to hold it---Ooh I should add that to my list except change it to spending money
New stuff
picking up turtles, frogs but not toads, ewe
"I think fishing would, mom can we go"
Getting a beat down from Dad--aka-wrestling
Giving Mom hugs and kisses-(so sweet he is)
inventions-"Mom do you have any metal"?

George's list
Opening presents (go figure)
drawing pictures
shredding paper
when he goes off the diving board
friends
horseback riding
when Dad gets home from work (I second that)
Halloween, costumes, candy & friends
When Mom reads books to me (aah)

3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Okay, I love your boys' lists - darling!

And I totally get the snickers ice cream bar and the house smell the first time you turn on the heater thing.

a few of mine:
the smell of cinnamon
hot chocolate
when the weather is that perfect blend of warmth and coolness that it tricks you into thinking you're in San Diego
actually getting to sleep
a down comforter
reading a good book by a fire
kisses from Gracie

Adria said...

Baby breath is one of my favorites, too. I really like the smell of the heater, and also the smell of new rain.

Terri said...

I love the cool air that comes with September and the beginning of school

Sitting outside in a noisy thunder storm with my children gathered
around (too bad those kids grew up and moved away)

A warm bed in a cold bedroom (that really works when you have feather comforters from Europe)

A reading a great book when it is dark and stormy outside

Sitting on the beach at Whangamata and letting the wind muss your hair

Walking along the beach on the Gold Coast and collecting the beautiful shells that wash up

Giving hugs and kisses to willing grandchildren

Holding new born babies that are so soft and warm

Bring order to disorder

to speak of just a few.