Sunday, August 3, 2008

OBX 2008





Each year for the past 3 years the East Coast Miller's have teamed up with the West Coast Miller's and enjoyed a relaxing week on a couple different beaches that are offered here in the East. Our first year we stayed close to home and chose Bethany Beach which is located in Delaware and is only about 2 hours from our homes. Even though we decided to stay close to home it still felt like you were not on vacation (well for me that is).


If you have ever driven in Maryland or DC you have most likely seen a sticker that looks something like this:


When we first moved to Maryland all we saw were these stickers littered all over peoples cars. We had no idea what OBX was and we had to come to the realization that it was probably some propaganda for an elementary school. Those are way to common out here as well. Finally, I decided to ask a friend at work (who had a sticker on their car) what OBX was. If I remember correctly she was a little taken back that I did not know what OBX was. Almost offended... She explained that her family has been going to the Outer Banks, North Carolina for over 15 years and to this day it is still a yearly commitment of theirs. Intrigued and not to wanting return to Bethany, I felt compelled to bring it up with the East coast powers of Jennifer and Jill. Well as you will see from our pics in the blog that it was not hard to convince EWCM that OBX was the place to be. We have been enjoying the warm water and shallow beaches of the OBX now for 2 years. It is absolutely the best place to visit without breaking the bank. I have talked to many people out here who say that besides St. John in the Caribbean, the Outer Banks is by far the best place for families and best bang for the buck. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

click to see details.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/2727968053_27eeb5c4c9_b.jpg

9 comments:

team howey said...

Middle John Miller Fam, looks like a blast. We are jealous because this summer in Seattle has been unusually cold and somewhat depressing. I have been longing for a hot beach. Eryn and I have been wanting to go to the outer banks for a few years now, but haven't been able to make it happen.

Mrs. O said...

Looks like you had a great time. I especially love that surfboard picture of the boys. See you in a couple!

The Bobos said...

Cute pictures!! Your kids are getting SO big! I'm really jealous you got to go to the beach for a week.

jill said...

Darling pictures! Bad picture of me but I forgive you. What a fabulous place it is!

VEGAS VIC said...

Kelley that was a great post. I wouldn't have known what OBX meant ever if you hadn't just explained it.
Thanks for all the darling pictures.
Ilove it when you come home from a vacation and you just can't wait to go back. That is how Outer Banks affects me.
Thanks to you and John for all the arranging this year.

Mom

JENNIFRO said...

Awesome collage. Mom's bummed you can't get the full effect of Mitch's jump I honestly had no idea what that sticker meant until about six months ago--though I constantly wondered about it......

Mitch said...

Great Post Kellsburg. I'm glad i made the collage a couple of times. I was a little nervous that i wouldn't.The OBX does kick serious booty. Good job to you and and Johnny for picking that house. That house destroyed any other house we've ever stayed in. Maybe you should plan it every year? ;)

Up in Bubbles said...

Mitch
No thanks to the planning it every year, but I think if we go back we should definitly get the same house. Look at the next post you are a big star.

Shannon and Jimmy said...

Johnny now I know why you moved from the wonderful confines of the desert to the humid regions of the east. I will continue to sweat in Arizona's baking 113 degree weather and live through the pictures your wife posts.