Monday, August 25, 2008

Visit From the West


Camp CALLEVA


Last week my 2 nieces and their brother came to visit us and to enjoy a fun week of adventure at Camp Calleva. They were all a little nervous about the humidity and the bugs but that is partly my fault because I made it sound worse than it really is. The weather couldn't have been better as it was really nice week weather wise. (Lucky) They each got to do all sorts of activities like kayaking, rock climbing, canoeing, caving, and adventure island to name a few. I think they had a great time and even learned a few camp songs to take home and teach their friends. I can't believe how fast they are growing up and I am glad they got to come and visit. I am so thankful for those that helped make this happen, I truly can't thank you enough for all your kindness.




New York at a Glance


My sister came out as well and visited for a week and a half. It was so much fun having her here. We got to spend a weekend in New York, which was so fun but definitely not enough time. We stayed in the Millennium hotel which was half a block from the heart of Time Square, and had the most comfortable beds. The highlight of the trip besides spending time with my sister was seeing Wicked. That is one show I don't think I will ever get sick of. We did some great shopping and a little sight seeing. Thanks for all those who helped make this possible and to my Wonderful husband who stayed home and watched six plus kids. You are the best!






6 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

WHAT A TREAT! How lucky are you guys. It is so fun to family visit, but I must say I am so jealous that you guys went to NY. I have been craving that place like NO OTHER! I am so glad you guys had a good time!

VEGAS VIC said...

I too am so happy that Corrie and her kids got to go out East and have such a great time with our family.
Corrie totally deserves a great vacation, and MD and Calleva are the best.
Glad you all had a good time.

Karen

Jek said...

HOW NICE wAS THAT!!! That looked so fun!! Nothing like sister time!

Unknown said...

I see you doubled up on the Naked Cowboy. He musta been the highlight of the trip.

I stayed at the Millenium hotel one of my trips to New York. From what I remember, it was pretty darn nice. Glad you enjoyed the trip!

jill said...

I love that post! I'm so bummed because I never got to meet Corrie's kids. Oh well, maybe next time. I'm SO glad that the two of you had such a great time together!

Mike Bartholomew said...

Looks like so much fun i think i better come visit soon!