Tuesday, November 11, 2008

ode to George



A real enlightening experienced happened today with little George that I thought would be very fair for him to get his own post. I love this little boy so much and he is 85% of the time a real cute boy and fun to be around. The other 15% consists of mood swings and loud outbursts at Kelley and myself for not being on time to his beckoning demands. We really enjoy having him around and he is very helpful to Kel during the day when it is just him and James. I think when Johnny leaves for school George steps in and takes the oldest role and does what he can to help out Mom.


Anyways on to my experience today. Kelley and I woke up this morning with the understanding that I was going to drive George and Johnny to school on my way to the office but because I was asked by a friend to take his sister to the airport I ended up not going in. At that point I had an upset wife on my hands... NOT GOOD!!! :) Kelley ended up taking the boys to school with James in tow as I stayed back to work. Luckily it turned out that today was George's parent teacher conference which both Kel and I forgot about (by the way that is wives role in the household, that and doctor visits). Kelley called me on her way home to tell me that she had forgotten the conference and she was glad she drove today. I asked how the conference went because mentally i revert back to that 15% I mentioned earlier not knowing how George is outside the home and outside of our care. George's teacher LOVES George! She said that he is the most kind, caring and helpful student she has. He is always the first to pick up messes, finish his work before play time and is always looking out for others. That is just the tip of the iceburg and you may not think this is that great but as his Dad it made me feel good. The other day another student was having trouble putting on his jacket and my little George all 4 1/2 years of him stopped what he was doing and went over to help that student put on his jacket. I do not know to many little kids that would even have that type of knowledge to go and help someone struggling with a jacket. Kudos to you George! You are a great little boy and i love you dearly. Keep up the good work and know that your Mom and I love you so much.


On a funny note: George's dinner prayer tonight. Bless us that we will like our new cups and bless us that we will not shoot ourselves.

12 comments:

Mrs. O said...

He's a little pistol as Grandma A would say. He's a cutie, what a sweet post.

Mrs. O said...

Also Spielberg loved Kel's comments about his photos. In fact he raised his price on the "really cool" ones.

jill said...

How sweet little George is! Great post!

The prayer was hilarious!

Jayne Layne said...

Oh sweet sweet sweet! That could bring a tear to my eye. What a darling little thing. I love that kid, and am so proud of him!

I only hope he is as funny next year at the beach as he was last summer. Holy cow!

Give him a BIG kiss for me, and tell him I am proud of him.

VEGAS VIC said...

Will you please tell George how proud Gpa and Gma Miller are of him?
I told you before, I have never seen the 15%. He is always darling when I am around him. I think both your big boys have a real kind streak. You guys must be doing something right!

Jek said...

HOw sweet. I believe all that. he seems that sweet to me all the time. Love that little guy. The prayer was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That prayer is incredible. Wow. That was a touching little story. It's pretty awesome that he knows to be that kind of person at such a young age. Good work rents! And i'll admit that i've seen that 15% side of george. Not a lot! But i have DEFINITELY seen it. Good thing his cute side absolutely blows the other side out of the water. No worries Bay Bay!!!

MamaB said...

He is such a sweetheart, no suprise that his teacher loves him.

Jayne Layne said...

All i can think about is the time he was mad at me at the beach, and he locked himself in his room. That is about as much of 15% I have seen, although i do have to say it was also one of THE FUNNIEST things he has even said or done. I can still laugh pretty hard about it, just thinking about it.

Again, love that little guy!

Jayne Layne said...

All i can think about is the time he was mad at me at the beach, and he locked himself in his room. That is about as much of 15% I have seen, although i do have to say it was also one of THE FUNNIEST things he has even said or done. I can still laugh pretty hard about it, just thinking about it.

Again, love that little guy!

JENNIFRO said...

That was SOOO sweet. I love George he reminds me so much of you when you were little. And you're right--you are always taken back by those unexpected, endearing things that he sometimes does. Good boy--good parents

Terri said...

Dad and I had a good laugh reading your many posts. We love and miss you and the boys with all their energetic cuteness!!! They each have their special qualities that make it an absolute delight to watch them grow up. I can hardly believe how much James has grown up and wish we knew him better. We can hardly wait until we come out for the baby's arrival. Love mom and Dad