Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sewing 101

Sewing 101 at the Kentlands ward.
Brought to us by a very talented teacher Terri Sabin

* Second project was this little girls apron.
*First project was a receiving blanket.
*Next project an adult apron.
Each month we do a new sewing project that teaches us new tricks and techniques. I can hardly believe I am sewing in a straight line. I am having fun learning , but can tell I have a long way to go before it all makes sense. The math part of sewing is what fowls me up every time. That and I am still learning how to read and follow a pattern. Can't wait for the next one.

11 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Very impressive. And cute! Welcome to the domestic club.

Up in Bubbles said...

Thanks, who knew? I will have to post a picture of the sweater I knitted when it gets blocked.

Unknown said...

Wow! Kelley B...you are amazing! Cute stuff, hope you are feeling well!

Amber Joy said...

What an adorable apron...I want one! Those pleats are fantastic. It looks so impressive. We need to do that in our ward :)

Jayne Layne said...

Kel, I a very impressed! They are darling!

VEGAS VIC said...

Kelley, I am so proud of you. Was that the apron you made? The fabric is darling.
You go for it. You will be so glad.
Karen

Stacy said...

Very cute. How fun!

Terri said...

OK no need to send you the apron from Thanksgiving!!!You are set to make what ever you need. Good job Kelley. Love mom

Up in Bubbles said...

I definitly still want the apron.

Mrs. O said...

You have to be kidding me about the sweater, right? But if you did - I'm bowled over with your awesomeness.

About getting that shot with your camera, try turning your dial to the scene setting and choose a night landscape or museum setting. The problem with that type of shot is the camera needs to be still to avoid blurring. Let me knwo how it works out.

Sydney said...

So time to update little sis....cute family you guys are always doing fun things.