Wednesday, April 16, 2008

To good to be true

They're back!! Talk about an answer to prayers. I prayed that the best case scenario would happen, and truly I don't think it gets better than this. The cars were found not more than a minute away in a neighborhood I have never been in. Miraculously, nothing was stolen not even the GPS that was sitting right on the dash. Nor was my wallet, cash or goods that were in the cars. They sat there for three days with windows down and unlocked and still nothing was stolen. The thieves did however run the cars bone dry. We had to get a gas can to fill one up so we could get it to a gas station. The other amazing thing is that the police officer did not follow protocol which means that we got them back much sooner and we did not have to pay $500.00 to get them from the police impound. We feel we were very blessed and lucky to have them both back with no harm done.





7 comments:

Unknown said...

And I was there for the blessed event. This was on a Saturday night. I joked that I wanted to see John & Kelley in the front pew the next day. Ironically, I wasn't at church to look after one of our sick kids.

The Anthony Family said...

Thank heavens! You must be doing something right, Kelley, 'cause we know it wasn't John. That is definately good news! Yay for you guys!!

jill said...

AMAZING!!! Tithing blessings!

Jayne Layne said...

WOW!! That is so lucky! What a shocker that NOTHING was stolen, and that Johnny got his bike back.

Jek said...

This is to good to be true!

holly said...

I'm glad your cars were found! I can't imagine waking up to having my cars gone.
Oh, and your new ring. That is AWESOME!
Jonny I'm IMPRESSED!!!

Mitch said...

Yeah yeah yeah, Johnny and kelley are happy again. Now let's get back to feeling sorry for me. A stolen ipod and stereo can be just as damaging emotionally than two cars. Money really doesn't matter in these situtations. It's more sentimental value. So yes, I am accepting donations.