Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fall placemats

FALL LEAVES

Yesterday, we took our annual Fall walk. The boys and I go every year and gather up their favorite leaves, and make placemats. We pick all different colors, sizes and shapes and glue them on to construction paper. This year we did not have a huge variety of shapes but the boys loved it anyway. Big John even went on the walk this time. George was especially into it. He glued all of his on and helped with James' and his Dads. He was really particular about his, and he had the perfect spot for all of them. I would suggest one and he would look at me and say "no Mom that does not fit there." Sure enough it wouldn't then he would look around at the leaves and pick the one that would. He even wrote his name and my name on the placemats with no help. He is pretty clever and has good penmanship for a 3 year old. He didn't leave the table till the placemats were finished. Then we all went to Staples and got them laminated which I might say was a lot easier then contact paper (used that in the past). It was getting late and we had not had dinner so we ate at Chipotle. George had to bring his placemat so he could eat on it. It was pretty cute, he really likes it and did a good job. Below you will see our beautiful family art project. Our November Fall placemats! Ta da! James blue

Johnny's Green
Dad white


George Black

Mom's Brown

All of them together.

4 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

Thats a really cute idea Kell! I need more pictures posted, please!

Up in Bubbles said...

read it again now that is has been proofread.

Terri said...

I am really loving all this bogging that is going on!!!! I really appreciate knowing of and seeing the fun things you are doing as a family. I am really looking forward to having you all some out for Christmas---and have some fun (or at least I hope they are fun) presents planned for the boys.--they are easy to get home too! Love mom

Jek said...

I stink as a mom. I want to do that. How the heck does George write at three. What are you doing that I am not!