Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The boys emblems

The Boys Quilts
Here is a picture of some of the fabric.
It's cuter in person.
Okay, so here is my next big project which I am in way over my head, but I had to try because I know the boys will like them. (better) I am working on three superhero quilts which may or may not be done for Christmas. I saw the cutest fabric that was on George's friend Sotirs quilt. George wanted it so bad that I looked everywhere for fabric but the one I loved was no where. Then this lovely lady Cyndi who made Sotirs quilt had some extra and shared. (bless her soul) I have gathered a bunch of cute fabrics, now I just have to figure out how they go together. That is hopefully where my very very talented sister Corrie who can tackle anything will come into play. I am just showing a little of the fabric and these emblems I made to go in the center on each of the boys quilts. We tell superhero stories all the time to the boys, and Johnny is always superman. George is always Spider man, and Jame he gets to be batman because he doesn't have much say. Anyways they always are saving the world or someone in danger, hopefully they will love their superhero quilts. Let's hope I can later put a picture of the fished quilts on here. Wish me luck.


Picture of the emblems I made for the quilts.
Also cuter in person.

10 comments:

kira said...

Kelley! It is Kira (Kieffer) Josephson!!!! Can you believe it? Kelly met Ross out here in England and we got your blog off his.....well, we got Corrie's off his and then yours off Corrie's. Anyway, I hunted you down. Your family is so cute!!! WOW three boys. You are such a woman. And why have you not changed? You are a beauty. What is your email these days? We have a blog we just started too, but I will need to send you an invite so creepy people from my past can't hunt me down :) my email is: twokjs@gmail.com

Shannon Martin said...

Kelley-Kira sent me an email with your blog! 2 for the price of one! Kelley you still look exactly the same, too young to have three boys! Send me an email to so I can send you an invite to mine. If you end up in Utah visiting let me know would love to go have ice cream again with you and your husband. So excited Kira found you! My email is shannon@bnchomes.com. (Shannon Nelson)

Terri said...

Wow, how great to hear from two long lost friends!! I just wanted to say what an enterprising daughter I have (well, I guess you have quite a few sisters that are very enterprising too!!)Anyway--I think you have set before you a great project (3) for the boys. The fabric is perfect and I love the emblems you made.--did you end up washing them before sewing and ironing on?? Can't wait to see them finished. Great going Kel, Love mom

Jek said...

COme on. What are you trying to do. Make me look like a loser yet again!!!!! I can't wait to have a boy now!

Mrs. O said...

I thought I left a comment here. Oh well, those quilts are going to be soooo cute!

As far as getting them quilted before Christmas, I'm not too sure about that. Maybe you could tie them so they'll be all done.

Jayne Layne said...

Cute idea Kelley, I am excited to see the finished product. And I am super excited to see you guys for Christmas!

WOOHOO!

Up in Bubbles said...

Kira and Shannon,
Mine is milhouse435@yahoo.com
It is so good to hear from both of you. Kira I loved seeing your blog, and Shannon I can't wait to see yours.

Up in Bubbles said...

Kira and Shannon,
It was so good to hear from you both. My email is milhouse435@yahoo.com
Kira it was so fun to see your blog and cute family. Shannon I can't wait to see yours. Keep checking back as I will with you. I love you guys and miss ya. Hope all is well and that I can see you soon. Kel

Up in Bubbles said...

Can you tell I am new? I didn't realize it went to the bottom of the page so I typed the same thing twice. oops

jill said...

I LOVE to see that you made a new entry. You've been BUSY! The quilts will turn out great! You're so artistic and creative, you need to market the Thanksgiving Turkeys. I can't wait for dinner...

Jill